Wednesday, February 5, 2014



I am 57 yrs. old and started to smoke cigarettes back when my youngest daughter got pregnant at 16 years of age around 10yrs ago. After a couple years of smoking cigarettes my wife who has never smoked hated me smoking and I too got sick of smoking. The cost was very much and you know the danger to your health. One day my granddaughter Launa and I took my pack of cigarettes and burned them on the porch and we prayed “I would no longer smoke cigarettes again. I still had that terrible CRAVE TO SMOKE and decided to try a pipe! Then once I started to smoke a tobacco pipe and got used to the flavor of the pipe. The pipe many people said they liked the smell and the pipe seemed more socially acceptable. The pipe tobacco is very cheap compared to cigarettes around $7 per week, PLUS YOU ARE NOT TO INHALE A PIPE. My wife would let me smoke the pipe in the house and does not let people smoke cigarettes in the house; the same with my mother who has never smoked allowed me to smoke the pipe in the house and nobody to smoke cigarettes in the house. Many famous people have smoked a pipe, Walter Cronkite who just passed away a few years ago he died in his 80’s and smoked a pipe; he also would broadcast the News while smoking his pipe. Albert Einstein enjoyed sitting down at night and enjoying his pipe. Mark twain was a pipe smoker along with I know at least one President of the United States of America smoked a pipe. Years ago during the civil war woman would smoke pipes. I smoked a cheap corn cob pipe that only cost around $5 and it last a month, and then I throw it out and then buy a new one. I do not hear much on the danger of smoking a pipe? You hear a lot about cigarettes and even the danger of the filter and the paper of the cigarettes. Maybe if you cannot kick the habit of cigarettes try a new fad and try smoking a pipe? Albert Einstein Quote: “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.”

I been told and had studied before that Coffee and caffeine is the most acceptable drug among Christians, society, and the world; It is an amphetamine. I have cut back on sipping a lot of coffee, my Neurologist told me - I could eliminate seizures in my life by quitting caffeine and smoking. I have quit smoking and now cutting back on coffee. Coffee I been told originally the bean came from Arabia (The Muslim country) the coffee bean from Arabia - filtered throughout the world, eventually. The Muslims I do not believe drink much coffee - they like tea? The Muslims grow a lot of Poppies over in their country too, although they do not believe in smoking it; they can grow it and sell a lot of it. Some Muslims do smoke special tobacco out of a special water pipe (Hookah) as a tradition or custom.

 It has been awhile since I smoked marijuana, even though in some states it is legal, it is known to work for epilepsy patients and those who have PTSD. I been diagnosed with epilepsy if you did not already know that? I tried Marijuana for medical reasons and smoked it illegally awhile and have stopped. It has been many, many,months since I smoked marijuana and it has been very easy to quit. I stopped smoking pot when I was 18yrs. old and became a born again Christian, and was then taught it is connected with witchcraft; it is in the book of Revelations in the Bible. Also in the Bible it is mentioned about rebellion “For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.”1 Samuel 15:23. 

Marijuana in the long run did not work for me to help with epilepsy or PTSD.  I am supposed to have PTSD “post-traumatic stress disorder “ from being sexually molested as a child by a pedophile ,starting at a young age (10yrs ) that I hardly recall and lasting for many years until I was around 14 yrs old . Also I am supposed to have PTSD from having a 6yr.old daughter die, and many other personal reasons.  Marijuana did give me at times some peace and the giggles but also I would hear voices, and get paranoid with withdraws. Marijuana is a seed bearing herb that flowers and some states have made it legal for medical reasons, and recreation. There is an older lady I know who was a hippy, she is in her 60’s and told me a story of theology. The Apostle Paul wrote the Corinthian Church that had a lot of difficulties and told them to stop sacrificing to idols and that they were under the grace and love of God. The Corinthians would worship idols and go into trances and smoke marijuana to come out of trances. Many herbs are used in Witchcraft, Wiccan, and New Age religions too. 

Conclusion: We all have our free will, and we should abide by the laws of the land and live to have peace with all men. I only fear God, and am under God’s grace – I believe in following the Ten Commandments. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Written By: Don Daniel Johnson Jr.  God Bless you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment